2021 Healthy Communities Scholarship
Patrick Woolley is passionate about the development of healthy communities. Through the use of sustainable resources and food-access programs, cities, and counties across the country are able to provide nutrition and activities to foster vibrant and growing communities. Uniquely motivated people are key to important local health initiatives like access to clean water or opportunities in community-level sports and outdoor events.
As a former collegiate baseball player who maintains an active passion for the game, he has personally devoted ample time and energy to these issues and constantly strives to create pathways for others to do the same. That is why Attorney Woolley has created the Healthy Communities Scholarship. Through this scholarship, he hopes to help students pursue their educational goals and lighten their financial burden.
This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student who encourages sustainable and local health-initiatives in their own community. We are looking for students to write a 500 word statement on the ways they are working to better their home. One student will be selected for this award. The deadline to apply is May 31, 2021.
- To qualify for the 2021 Healthy Communities Scholarship, an applicant must currently be enrolled in a course of study at any accredited community or junior college, or an undergraduate or graduate degree program anywhere in the United States. High school graduates or GED holders who are about to start college-level studies are also eligible.
- Candidates must be in good academic standing and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Eligible candidates must also be able to demonstrate their strong commitment to helping others and be able to describe personal examples of a time they have encouraged sustainable and local health-initiatives in their own community.
To apply for this scholarship, interested candidates should provide the following:
- Resume with updated contact information
- A 500-word statement identifying the applicant and her or his past and future dedication to healthy communities and sustainable initiatives. The personal statement should make clear how the candidate would use his or her continued education to champion accessible health- and local-activities programs.
- An up-to-date transcript from the applicant’s current institution of study. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. (NOTE: first-year students are permitted to submit unofficial transcripts from their most recent institution attended along with unofficial documentation from their current school.)
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is May 31, 2021.
Please send your completed materials in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “[Applicant’s First and Last Name] – 2021 Healthy Communities Scholarship” by May 31, 2021 deadline to be considered.
Thank you for your interest in the 2021 Healthy Communities Scholarship. Click here to view previous winners. If you have any questions regarding the 2021 Healthy Communities Scholarship, please contact email@example.com.